by Bev Feldman of Linkouture
- A piece of cardboard (in this case I used a cereal box)
- Scrap paper with at least one blank side
- Thread that matches the paper
- A needle
- A pair of scissors
- Some sort of tape (I used some decorative duct tape)
1. Cut two rectangles out of the cereal box. Make sure they are each a little bigger than the scrap paper folded in half (or cut down the scrap paper if needed).
2. Fold the scrap paper in half. Take a piece of thread at least twice the width of the paper. Thread it onto the needle and double up the thread and knot at the end. Starting at one edge of the crease, sew the thread down the crease so that the papers are secured together into a booklet.
3. Cut a piece of decorative tape the height of the two pieces of cardboard. Connect the two pieces with the tape, leaving a small gap between them. These pieces will be the outside cover of the journal.
4. Take the sewn booklet and place it in the inside of the cardboard pieces, sticky side of the tape touching the booklet.
5. Glue the outer edges of one the pieces of the cardboard cover. Take the outer piece of paper from the booklet and firmly press it onto the cover. Repeat the same on the back cover. This will help secure the paper booklet to the front and back covers.
6. Let the glue dry and it is done! Your child can decorate the front of the cover, or leave it blank.